A Family Run Company

Volland Electric was founded in 1943 by Alexander T. Volland, as an electric motor and transformer repair shop on Ellicott St. in Buffalo, NY. In 1946, the company’s growth forced a move to 1511 Niagara St, which is still in operation today. Mr. Volland remained active in the business, until his death in 1975. In 1991, Volland Electric built a brand new state-of-the-art facility at its present location, 75 Innsbruck Dr., Buffalo, NY. Further growth then precipitated a major expansion of the new facility in 1997. Since the turn of the millenium, Volland Electric has acquired several other companies in the interest of diversification, to better meet the needs of their customers.

Ron Graham, the former CEO, describes Mr. Volland as a hardworking and conscientious man who recognized the need for high quality and timely repair of electric motors during World War II, a time when the country and the Buffalo/Niagara region was suffering from a shortage of new motors.

Mr. Graham noted that Volland Electric still prides itself on anticipating customer needs, and is firmly committed to developing fast and economical solutions to electrical and mechanical problems.

This philosophy is the driving force behind the company’s longevity. Volland Electric has adapted and diversified a great deal over the years, offering an ever-expanding range of products and services to a growing base of customers. The Graham family understands that their professional, dedicated, expertly trained, long-term employees have made it possible for Volland to prosper in the WNY area for over 80 years.

1943
1950
1975
1991
2004
2015
2023

Volland Electric was founded in 1943 as an electric motor and transformer repair shop in order to address the area’s motor shortage during World War II.

The success and growth of Volland Electric necessitated a move to 1511 Niagara Street, which is still in operation today.

Founder A.T. Volland passed away in 1975. His son-in-law Ron Graham and Dick Wagner take over the business, continuing Volland’s commitment to serving the community.

A state-of-the-art facility was built to meet the needs of their customers at its present headquarters, 75 Innsbruck Drive. This facility was then expanded in 1997 to coincide with the increased range of products and services to a growing base of customers.

 

Volland Electric continued to diversify by purchasing the assets of Dynamic Control Solutions. This provided the foundation to create the Industrial Controls Division.

The success of the Industrial Controls Division led to the purchase and movement to its current location, 365 Nagel Drive, also known as the Panel Shop.

Volland celebrates its 80th Anniversary.